Memory Verse Club
MVC Key:Current Lesson/Completed Lesson/Upcoming Lessons
Memory Verse: (Genesis 1:1) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
1) Q: Who Made You? A: God
2) Q: What else did God make? A: God made all things.
3) Q: Why did God make you and all things? A: For his own glory.
Memory Verse: Review Genesis 1:1
First Catechism: Review Q/A 1:3
Memory Verse: (Genesis 1:31a) God saw all that he made, and it was very good.
4) Q: How can you glorify God? A:By loving him and doing what he commands.
5) Q: Why are you to glorify God? A: Because he made me and takes care of me.
Memory Verse: Review Genesis 1:31a
First Catechism: Review Q/A 4-5
Memory Verse: (Psalm 100:3a) Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us and we are his.
16) Q: Who were our first parents? A: Adam and Eve
17) Q: How did God create man? A: God created man, male and female, after his own image
18) Q: Of what were our first parents made? A: God made Adam's body out of the ground and Eve's body out of a rib from Adam.
19) Q: What else did God give Adam and Eve besides bodies? A: He gave them souls that will last forever
20) Q: Do you have a soul as well as a body? A: Yes. And my soul is going to last forever.
22) Q) In what condition did God make Adam and Eve? A: He made them holy and happy.
23) Q) What covenant did God make with Adam? A: The covenant of life
24) Q) What is a covenant? A: A relationship that God establishes with us and guarantees by his word.
Memory Verse: (Exodus 20:8) Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
Memory Verse: (John 15:14) You are my friends if you do what I command.
25) Q: In the covenant of life, what did God require of Adam to do? A: To obey God perfectly
26) Q: What did God promise in the covenant of life? A: To reward Adam with life if he obeyed God perfectly.
27) Q: What did God threaten in the covenant of life? A: To punish Adam with death if he disobeyed God.
Memory Verse: (1 John 5:17a) All wrongdoing is sin.
28) Q: Did Adam keep the covenant of life? A: No, He sinned against God.
33) Q: What was the sin of our first parents? A: Eating the forbidden fruit.
34) Q: Who tempted Adam and Eve to this sin? A: Satan tempted Eve first, and then he used her to tempt Adam.
35) Q: How did Adam and Eve change when they sinned? A: Instead of being holy and happy, they became sinful and miserable.
Memory Verse: review Exodus 20:8; John 15:14; 1 John 5:17a
37) Q: What effect did the sin of Adam have on you and all people? A: We are all born guilty and sinful.
43) Q: Can anyone be saved through the covenant of life? A: No. No one can be saved through the covenant of life.
44) Q: Why can't anyone be saved through the covenant of life? A: Because all have broken it and are condemned by it.
45) Q: How did you break the covenant of life? A: Adam represented all people, and so I fell with Adam in his first sin.
46) Q: How, then, can you be saved? A: By the Lord Jesus Christ through the covenant of grace.
Memory Verse: (Romans 5:8b) While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
47) Q: Whom did Christ represent in the covenant of grace? A: His elect people.
48) Q: How did Christ fulfill the covenant of grace? A: Christ obeyed the whole law for his people, and then suffered the punishment due to their sins.
Memory Verse: (Psalm 100:3b) We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Memory Verse: Review Romans 5:8b; Psalm 100:3b